View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 10:37 AM   #49
jeffk

For me, in Center Harbor, the Plymouth store will be 10 minutes and 15 miles closer than Tilton. We do our big (every 2 weeks) shopping at Hannaford, 10 minutes from us. Weekly shopping is at Heaths, about 3 minutes from the house. The Plymouth Market Basket will be a viable alternative for our big shopping, about 15 minutes further than Hannaford. Tilton really wasn't practical.

Once it's open we will give it a try. However, we are often going to Meredith for some other reason and do our Hannaford shopping at the same time. In that type of situation, Market Basket will have to be a very strong competitor to pull us to Plymouth instead. I have shopped at Market Basket regularly when I lived further south. It was a nice place to shop and my wife said it was cheaper but nothing about the store drove me to buy there. My wife made the choice based on cost.

Now, new location, new wife. To me, it won't make much difference. My wife likes saving a bit at Hannaford (vs. Heath's) for our big shopping but likes the daily convenience and meats at Heath's. I suspect we may go to Plymouth and check out some of the other stores up there, including Walmart making the trip more worthwhile. If that works out, we might continue going. If it's just going to Market Basket I suspect it will be only an occasional trip.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote