View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 12:30 PM   #15
Rich

If the MP let people know that they will enforce this NWZ, then people will become wary of it and will respect it.

It's sort of like some of the small towns in my area. One town is very TOUGH with speeders and their roads are driven almost always at or under the posted speed limit, but this took a lot of tickets, and the resulting word of mouth over a few years. They have a reputation of being tough, and they continue to be someone tough, with warnings or tickets.

Other small towns aren't as rigorous in enforcing the posted speed limits and people tend to drive essentially the same road (just a couple of miles down) at what the road will support (which often a bit over the posted speed limit).

IMHO, if the MP enforced the current area, and it had a reputation of such, the word will get out and it will be an improved situation for everyone. Perhaps even people will slow down well before the NWZ.

But just changing the NWZ out a further distance doesn't solve anything if it's not enforced.

But it's too late for this now, as a hearing is already scheduled, and most would prefer to talk about it, rather than show up at the meeting to voice their concerns or opposition to this.

This is not a new NWZ, and as such, I don't have a strong feeling in one way or the other, but in general, as a boater, I prefer fewer NWZs and NRZs than more.

In this case, all those in this area are aware of the issues when they purchased (or rented/leased) their slip, as they have been like this for years. It's almost like someone buying a home next to an airport or gun club and then complaining about the noise. The lake has been much busier in the past, it's just that we've had a lull in most recent times.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: