View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 03:49 AM   #111
ApS

Exclamation Just Wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
For about $1000 you can get a Pyrotenax 125' x 1 1/4" heated black poly cpvc water line, made in Ontario, with an internal heat wire, and thermostat control that runs on 220-volts and uses 1888-watts for heating the water line from the lake, all year 'round...For a high quality, low priced, shallow well pump, 1/2-hp, 30-gal tank and pressure switch, go to www.harborfreight.com

...Drawing water from a drilled well is no guarantee it will be quality drinking water, and you can get quality Laconia town water for 25-cents/gal from the machine at the Gilford Hannaford. Like, how much faucet water do you actually drink or use for cooking, anyway?
Wolfeboro sends a regular "disclaimer" with its billings: there, you can read where Wolfeboro fails to meet drinking water standards.

Harbor Freight shallow water pumps are marginal. The three I've bought for my Florida place have all "short-cycled", then quit altogether when not used for a few months. If you spend extra for their so-called "warranty", be sure to read this owner's experience:
https://www.complaintsboard.com/harb...rranty-c910704

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
That’s all fine and good. If you don’t mind knocking off $300k of value. The property is fine as it is. No reason to not use the well. They are not gonna order that it be shutdown. It’s just if the septic does fail they might not grant a 3 bedroom size replacement. But they might grant a like for like system. And they might limit the number number of bedrooms/bathrooms more harshly than if it didn’t have this new label if someone wanted to rebuild. It does not change what’s there. But could handicap what could be done in the future. It was just to many maybes and probably’s in the future for the price.
A pleasant and modern chalet-style cottage nestled in the woods 500-feet from me (on Winter Harbor) was torn down this week. It was built 20 years after mine!

Cathedral pines were "harvested". Defective pines were left along the shoreline--certain to be removed in the near future.

This creeping "gentrification" will affect Lake Winnipesaukee in many ways; eventually, there will be a lush green lawn with what is effectively a B&B maneuvered to every treeless lot.

Squam Lake's septic considerations may save that lake from the overdevelopment that winterized retirement homes will bring.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post: