View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #141
Cobalt 25

Thanks for the updates, NoBozo.

wifi, a quote from you, "Is this just another liberal, global warming faux pas to save face ?"

It would appear you do not believe in the concept of global warming, in spite of the findings of over 97% of the world's climate scientists. Fine, nothing that I could possibly say could convince you otherwise.

But for the rest of the folks interested in learning more about wind generators, I hoping my personal experience with them will be of value.

I recently moved from our home which was situated maybe a quarter mile from the largest array of wind generators in MA. Our home was one of the closest to these structures.

Noise- maybe 5% of the time I was out of doors (which was a lot, we heated with wood and I harvested the fuel from our property plus I love being outside) I could hear a soft whooshing noise. I could never hear it from inside the house, even in the summer with the windows open.

Effects on property values- I sold our house myself and in interviewing maybe 50 parties all together I did not hear ONE person bring up the wind generators in a negative manner. Several had positive responses, most never even mentioned them.

Percentage of time on line- of the 19 structures, 10 were highly visible to me. I observed that those 10 generators usually had all 10 working at once, occasionally one would be down.

Economics- a solid business model is to sell your product to the highest bidder, regardless of location. The towns of Florida and Monroe derive property tax income from this project, for a total of $257,000 per annum. They can provide power for 10,000 homes. I do not know the profit margin of the company, but I hope they are doing well.

I believe we need to explore all possibilities when it comes to trying to minimize the very real impact of global warming. Wind power for electrical use is really in it's infancy. The Model T didn't have GPS, and wind generators will get better if we support their development in spite of early complications.

Here is a website with more info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoosac_Wind_Power_Project

I hope this adds to the discussion...

Peter