Thread: Pontoon Boat?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #15
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
And, of course, there are alternate facts.

It's how you assemble the facts that matters. When you assemble facts in different ways you get , in this case, different hull designs, propulsion mechanisms, etc.

There was mention above that jet boats are louder. I will grant that new outboards are very quiet compared to the old 2-cycle type, but I would expect two inboard engines (Jet, full inboard, or I/O, to have similar noise levels if they are based on similar engines. I think conversations are difficult at 35 knots whether you are in a jet boat or on a pontoon, so I would tend to discount this item in choosing one or the other.

One interesting thing about the pontoon: At my Marina, we all back into our slips. Difficult sometimes on a windy day. The 'toon a few slips away from me just drives in and boards at the bow which is close to the dock with no outdrive, swim platform etc to bridge. Very convenient.
My quip on "alternate facts" was half in just. The serious half was to point out that "alternate" means in place of another. Your post is a combination of additional facts and opinions. But these are not "alternate" to the facts that, apples to apples, outboards are quieter and easier to control.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote