View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #23
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish mist View Post
The Weirs Beach post office is open, and has never been closed. Less gives out this false infomation over & over again for what reason I do not know. I'm sorry that vistors to the Wini Forum have to be subjected to this constant nonsense, but it is what it is.
Are we talking about the same post office, the one located right at the disfunction junction, and close to the Winni Playhouse? Last time I was there, maybe last March, it had a closed sign on it, and I thought it was permanently closed up. Maybe I'm incorrect on this but it definitely was closed up with the door being locked and a sign that said closed. I stopped to buy some postage stamps and the door was locked up, and the sign said closed! Maybe it was hijacked to a reverse universe by aliens from outer space or some understandable reason like that.....beep....beep!

http://www.thenhva.org/docs/area-map.pdf

It looks like quite a bit of property in the heart of Weirs Beach on and above Lakeside Ave belongs to the NH Veterans Assoc and is somehow related to the Civil War between the states from 1861-1865, or something? Further investigation by someone with a brain is needed here! I've lost my brain, I've lost my brain......where did it go?

www.thenhva.org/ and then click on the NHVA green historic sign for a brief history.