View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #81
Airwaves

Quote:
Originally posted by Bear Islander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Bear Islander's observation that camp children were enjoying the lake for the first time on a Tuesday versus Mid-Week?

I'm still waiting for the outline of the 47 speed related accidents on Lake Winnipesaukee in 2006 as well.

BI? IG? Anyone?
You should read more carefully

"Yesterday (Tuesday) the boys and girls camps on the island had their sail boats out. We don't see that very often because it can only happen mid-week when the lake is less congested."

Clearly I am talking about Tuesday as being "mid-week".

And I checked the accident list. I found 44 accidents involving speed. I might have missed three. Perhaps you can go back and read them again. This time use a dictionary definition of speed, rather than your personal definition.

Who is IG? Island Girl?
I did read carefully you wrote, bold is mine but the words are yours:
Quote:
"Yesterday (Tuesday) the boys and girls camps on the island had their sail boats out. We don't see that very often because it can only happen mid-week when the lake is less congested."
So you don't see boys and girls camps on islands sailing on Tuesday very often because that can only happen mid-week. Not a very clear statement at all if you are trying to say Tuesday is also mid-week because that is not what you stated at all.

Perhaps I didn't correctly recall the number of accidents you folks claimed occurred involving speed since it was soooo long ago that I posted a link to the 2006 NH stats provided by Woodsy. I could have made a mistake that you had said 44 instead of 47...okay, it's 44 involving speed? I believe the stats are on an exel file so you can supply the line numbers that would be interesting to read.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bear Islander
Who said anything about HB847 limits?

Airwaves has some point to make about the 2006 statistics. He asks how many involved speed. The problem, like I said, is that he is using his own definition of speed. If he wants to know how many involved speeds over 25/45, then that is a different answer.
Actually I clearly defined speed in my original question when I brought it up in another thread as the 45/25 speed that you and others were supporting. As you may remember, or maybe you don't remember since you folks ignored it when it was still a relevant debate, I was responding to a Business Journal article posted by YOU that claimed 2006 was a very dangerous year on NH waterways.

You named the thread "N.H. among worst for boating accidents"

I looked at the stats for that same year quoted in your article and challenged their and your conclusions. I clearly spelled that out. As usual if the stats don't support your position you try to muddy the waters.

Quote:
he is trying to make some kind of point that escapes me. However I have answered his question as asked.
I guess it was such a long time ago you just forgot.

Quote:
He also has claimed that ALL accidents have a speed listed by number which they clearly do not. I don't think there is a link to this data. Only a synopsis put together by Woodsy.
Of course you still have not given us the line numbers of the 44 speed related accidents that you claim to have found even if ALL the accidents don't have speed listed next to them. Why not? The data doesn't support your opinion so it must be flawed because Woodsy linked it.