View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
NH918

Unhappy O Steaks and Seafood

My best friend and I go to O for each of our birthdays because it is the nicest restaurant with the best food in the Lakes Region. Until our recent visit, the food and service had always been exceptional. We go for my birthday on 9/18 and this time we bring friends, therefore, it is a party of seven. The food was just as great as always, however, the service was horrific! We had reservations, so we were seated immediately. Then it took about 45 minutes to get a drink. Out waitress was so slow, I stopped our waitress we normally have (Lisa) and asked her to bring us some bread since the other waitress had not after 45 minutes and we were starving. She never asked if we wanted another drink which we all did. Two friends did not even get their soup until after we had what we were eating as our main course and it was only because Lisa was asked to get it. Then we ask where their main dish is since we were eating. It turns out it was never ordered by the waitress. By now, my guests don't even want it. I went over to Lisa and explained this poor service was ruining my birthday celebration as I spent the whole time worrying about my guests getting what they needed. I asked that something be done for them and she said she would get the Manager.

Our waitress sees me talking with Lisa again and comes over to my table and in front of all my guests, confronts me in a very rude manner asking what she missed. I responded the bread, soup, Ahi Tuna and we would have liked more drinks. How embarrassing on top of the poor service. My friend actually asked her if the Manager told her to come and embarrass me like that and she responded no. I never saw the Manager and as we are cashing out, the waitress says she put in the Ahi Tuna. At this point we are leaving and going out for the night so they had no desire or time for it.

I never expected this. We have always had top notch service from Lisa. This really ruined my birthday dinner. I expect 5 star service there and certainly did not receive any where near it.
NH918 is offline   Reply With Quote