View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 12:39 AM   #46
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Waldo Peppers - Good food AND they deliver

Waldo Peppers - it isn't the convenience type store that used to be at that location. It's a restaurant. The food is very good, the price is quite reasonable and they understand custom orders. A few weeks ago I was there with a friend. My friend is a self confessed lobster roll connoisseur. He loved the (traditional) lobster roll from Waldo Peppers.

Yes he did have a few "complaints". The lobster overflowed the roll (he had to eat some of it with a fork). He loved the buttered hot dog roll but thought that a larger roll with the same toasting and taste would hold all the lobster making for a better roll. Something about the warmth and taste of the hot buttered bread going along with the cool sweetness of the lobster. He reminds me of that guy Monk on the TV show. A bit obsessive compulsive. I told him to ask for it in a toasted sub roll next time. He said he would.

Pepper, I looked at Waldo Peppers web page (very nice site). You deliver within a 6 mile radius but there is no mention of a delivery charge. If I am at anchor by 3 mile Island (about 5 miles from Waldo Peppers) will you deliver ? How about places like the sandbar down in Paugus Bay near Margate (less than 3 miles). Sometimes we get hungry for HOT and fresh food while out at anchor (rather than eat something that's been in the refrigerator for some hours). Do you deliver by boat or is your 6 mile radius (as I suspect) a By Land Only service? What was it that famous guy said...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Revere
Food if by land none if by sea
In any event, if all goes well, I'll be 10-43 (in pursuit) of 10-14 (a meal) several times at Waldo Peppers over the next few weeks (eat in, take out or maybe delivery). Making meals and cleaning dishes is not a vacation (at least that's what my wife says). Pepper, are you getting the idea that I could be 10-37 (but with good taste )?

If you do deliver on the Lake I'll be standing on the bow of my boat rolling with the waves waiting for my food from Waldo Peppers .
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote