View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #24
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
The most affordable boat for getting onto the Big Lake is most definately a kayak. By searching through the New Hampshire classified ads, it is possible to find a nice, usable 14 to 16' long distance kayak for about $250 to 500. By virtue of not needing a trailer, engine, gasoline or boater's insurance, it makes a kayak the least expensive way to get out onto the water.

Another major feature is that paddling a kayak provides a lot of exercise.

So, here's a question for Lawn Pscho. How does kayaking safety relate to the current battle between the SBoNH and WinnFabs with regard to increasing the speed limit from 45-mph up to 55-mph?
I have a kayak. I also know that many days having a kayak on the broads is a dumb idea when the wind wips up. For that same reason there's days I keep my 22 ft long, 8.5 ft wide bowrider off the water as well.

Kayaks and the SL are not related.

Having any craft out on the lake absent of some form of insurance is risky my opinion. If you have any assets of value then I recommend you talk to your insurance guy about an umbrella policy. I'm not one to throw money away for insurance but when you are on the water with some craft costing $100s of thousands of dollars if you cause an issue you could be up the river without a paddle (sorry, I couldn't resist)