View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #96
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
I have it on good word that these threads are on shaky ground at best. I will shoulder a heavy burden of that blame. I am going to do my best to stay on topic and suggest we all do the same. I am going to try and turn over a new leaf and not let the elchase's of the world get under my skin.

OCD you seem to have reasonably good judgment and always do a good job trying to refocus the discussion. Perhaps you could unofficially moderate the discussion as you kind of had been. Perhaps you could blow the whistle so to speak and redirect the discussion when you see it straying off topic? Not to burden you or anything.

HN
Been trying to do that all along... But things get sidetracked so easily when things get personal.

This is a heated debate to begin with so as long as you don't read into peoples posts and take them at face value then "normally" things do not get out of hand. There are those that thrive on causing issues and may also have an agenda. The best thing that can happen for the speed limit supporters is to have the discussions shut down.

Right now there is no "specific data" to support their claims of a better lake. This is what the 2 year trial period was supposed to determine. Thus far all it has shown was there was not a speeding problem on the lake before or after the limits and they are not warrented. If this is continously brought to light and more and more people are shown to be in support of discontinuing the limits it hurts their case.

If you read back on all the past threads from 2 years ago many people tried this same tactic and succeeded in helping to shut them down.

I think if we all stay on topic and discuss things civilly as many supporters have we actually may be able to work something out, maybe even a compromise.

I do want to recognize a few supporters that although may have been taken down the wrong path, from time to time as we all have, they have really stayed on topic and have been a pleasure to discuss these issues with over the past 2 months.

Now hold onto your hats guys. First off Sunset (no secret he has done very well to stay on topic and express his opinions in a rational and objective manner)
Bear Islander!!! and if you go look back APS has even been doing a great job.

Although I may not agree with them they have all done well in stating their cases.

Great work.. Now lets all go get a 12 pack and watch the PATS Kick A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!