View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #57
Hivolt

As my week wraps up here on the Island I definitely have many things to reflect upon.
1. I got really lucky with the weather. That little 8 mph breeze on Wednesday opened my eyes up to just how ocean like and unforgiving this lake can be.

2. I got really lucky again. In a state of confusion I split the red and the black buoys at sandy point in Alton bay and not realizing it until I watched by depth finder go down to 7 feet real quick. That was my only real mistake though

3. Everyone is extremely friendly and extremely helpful, multiple times pulling into Wolfeboro public docks I had the wrong approach or the wrong speed or a stiff breeze blew me and the few folks that were more than happy to help.

4. I was absolutely insane to rent an island house broad side of basically an ocean having never boated before, but I like steep learning curves.

5. In the end I did this because I am looking for a summer home and something about island life just seemed to fit the bill, and does it ever.

In conclusion, Thank you to all who gave me advice over the past few weeks, my rental boat steered much better at headway speed this time around I think it had something to do with the fact this boat was brand new (Cobalt) and didn't have a broken skeg like the one I rented from the other place did.
Hivolt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hivolt For This Useful Post: