View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 09:20 AM   #41
longislander

Quote:
Given all this, I would think that if the property is in disrepair (excluding for now the septic system whose responsibility might be in question) that it a breach of contract by the Lions Club
It has already been stated that there is belief of a state of disrepair.

If a contract is breached there is remedy in the courts, notwithstanding anyone's OPINION!

Quote:
I don't have a vote but the answer to the only QUESTION that longislander wants to talk about (the warrant) should be no. The town should not bail out the Lions Club from it contractual duties.
You don't have a vote, but a faulty premise. Your opinion is yours.

I'm not an attorney, either. I've been a certified paralegal since the early eighties, was accepted to law school (chose not to attend ... doing better in industry). My three degrees are in business (including post graduate level). I'm also aware that only an attorney can give legal advice. It is against NH law. Google UPL law ... unlawful practice of law. The state and federal Constitutions protect freedom of speech however. I've stated many times (not here) that I may be giving, my opinion not advice, with relevant statute.

It appears you fail to understand the town already owns the property and the lease is coming up for renewal. Maybe associating that event with "putting to bed" the Tah Majal, and putting to use the $275,000 Taylor property escapes some.

Quote:
If the town accepted full responsibility for it, fixed it up, and maybe even made some minor upgrades, how much would it cost? Might that not be a reasonable solution? Why are polarizing Taj Majal proposals submitted instead of practical ones that might have a chance of passing a vote?
The town has full responsibility!
Who is arguing with the balance of the quote????????????
Who is, presently proposing the Taj Mahal? Surely not me. I just don't want taxpayer money wasted, and back-door townie agreements!

Polarizing in your eyes ... a process in other eyes, with the added ingredient of trying to prevent previous agendas and their proponents.

What is polarizing about "repairing and rehabbing" the Lion's Club, which is actually town property, used as a Community Center, and create a Green town Common?