View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #103
ironhorsetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
Ironhorsetim,
I would love to hear your comparison of the three events. I have been to ours and felt perfectly comfortable with my kids in tow. I will never get to see the others in person. Would really enjoy knowing if ours is now vanilla ice cream compared to the others and how much they all have changed for the better or worse over the years. It would seem to this uninformed observer that as motorcycles have grown in popularity in the country, the demographic might have changed as well.

If the event in NH has simply spread out to a larger area, this might be the best of both worlds where more people can share in the cash infusion and the risk of local issues are reduced. To me it would seem the spectacle of the large crowd would be a lot of the attraction to drive here from far away.
They are pretty much the same although the crowds are much larger than ours ,they have drinking and scantily clad women and happy people spending money. Add alcohol to any event and if someone is a dope it will show..even a Barry White concert . Bike owners have changed.it's not just the ol hard core bikers any more,there are doctors,lawers,cops and grandmothers buying and riding now.At this point in time anyone willing to travel outside their home zone and spend money is a Godsend....this is all just my opinion.

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
The Following User Says Thank You to ironhorsetim For This Useful Post: