View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 10:59 PM   #32
Mee-n-Mac

Talking R.o.a.r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
Could we find a place to have large rafts, perhaps even loud and bauchus parties w/o bothering the neighbors ? Silver Duck had some fun filling in the Witches but I wonder if something, someplace(s) less daunting could be found*. (any suggestions anyone) Would the more boisterous rafters voluntarily segregate themselves to these DRZs if they would be left alone to do their thing ? In retrospect we boaters should have learned from the various conservation groups. We should have organized and bought islands or shoreline and preserved them for rafting.

*lets have some more fun with this idea. Would you really need to fill in the Witches ? What if you had mooring balls for boats to tie to, along with some floating docks to make an atoll near the rocks ? I think the wave action would likely be too much most of the time but could this idea (or some derivative) be done in some other "remote" location. How about the quadrangle off Patrician Shores, Sands of Brookhurst & Farrar Pt. ?
I suggest we form a rafters political action committee, ROAR. It'll push to get the state to install mooring balls in places on the lake now labelled un-navigatable. Detailed charts of all the rocks in each DRZ along with a few new key buoys would be installed and few key rock demolished. Members of ROAR would get preferential treatment for mooring positions and pay a small yearly fee to maintain the facilities. Rafts of any size would be permitted, stereo's allowed to, ... well ..., roar. We start with the above "quad" and also push for the area west & north of the Graveyard (Bizer Buoy anyone?).

R.O.A.R. = Rafting Over A lot of Rocks (hmmm, how about Rafting Over Anonymous Rocks ?)