View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #25
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
I disagree with your disagreement of my disagreement. I am talking from around 2008 on, not from 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950. 1960 etc, you get the point. Are you denying that there are more pontoon boats on the lake? I stand by my previous post. There is no doubt in my mind that I see much less large Carver liveaboard types on the lake and where I am docked. The marina I am in was full of large Carvers, a lot of people stayed overnight on their boats. Now many of the large boats that were in the marina I am in are gone and replaced with pontoon boats and day boats, 20 -25 foot range. I know a lot of people in my marina got rid of the large boats, bought a condo or moved here and now have a smaller day boat.
Fair enough. I'll pay more attention when I'm there next, but what I see is more bigger boats - even in the past 10 years since 2008. Definitely more pontoons boats - and bigger ones in the 25' range as opposed to the under 20' range. I don't see these as replacing the big Carvers but instead replacing the smaller boats. Maybe it's different in different part of the lake.
Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote