View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 06:13 PM   #54
bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Porcelain toilets are the first thing that crack because there's zero stretch in the very rigid porcelain, is similar to glass, and it will crack down low in the trap, down at the floor.

Is best to pour a pint of pink recreational vehicle antifreeze, $2.58 gal, into the toilet and into the water closet, after you pump out all the water with a boat bailer pump, hand pump out tool.

Ditto this for the bath tub and shower, drain trap. The boat bailer hand pump comes with a 36" long, thin flexible red tube, good for getting down into the bath tub drain trap.

Hey ...... today is September 21, 2020 ...... so, it is still S-U-M-M-E-R ....... and winter is way far, three months away! Autumn 2020 officially starts tomorrow on Tuesday, September 22, at 9:30-am ...... according to www.timeanddate.com. At 12-noon on September 22, 2020, the sun will be directly overhead at the equator, like down there in the mountains of Ecuador ..... where Juan Valdez and his happy donkey grow the mountain coffee beans, just for you.

In response to FatLazyLess instructions to winterize toilets
"after you pump out all the water with a boat bailer pump, add a pint of pink of recreational vehicle antifreeze, $2.58 gal, into the toilet and into the water closet".

OK, what I did was shut off the water supply to the toilet, and flushed it, there is still water in the bottom of the toilet bowl, I'll pump out the rest.

My question is, if I add RV anti-freeze to the toilet bowl, how do I get it into the 'trap' ? Also, I don't want any anti-freeze to sit in the bowl all winter, for fear it will dis-color the porcelain 'pink " !

Can someone give me some direction here ?

Thanks !
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote