View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 08:36 AM   #11
Hillcountry

Default Unheard of?

Just wanted to comment about the plumbing and heating company that came out and installed my propane line extension to my "gas stove" location.
The initial quote for the job was $xxx.00 and had all parts and labor listed on the invoice (as you would expect). They required 50% down to book the job which I paid over the phone immediately.
Job day came and they (two men) showed up on time and completed the job and I gave them a check for the 50% balance.
I asked them to have the office email me a receipt and they left.
The next day I called their office to inquire if they had gotten the message about the receipt from the workers and she said "as soon as they give me their paperwork for the day" she would email it to me. Okay perfect!
An hour later the lady calls me back about the receipt and says "we have a little problem/situation I need to explain."
My immediate thought was "oh oh...someone screwed up and it's going to cost me more $$" but just the opposite happened. She said "after going over the actual work order, we needed to lower your quote by $xx.00 so your check for the balance was to much."
"Oh, I said!" Then she asked If I would issue another check for amended amount and she would shred the check I gave the guys.
I made another check out for the new amount and drove to their office and handed it to her...the lower price was nearly $100.00 less! Made my day!

I also wanted to mention that the 2 other companies that came out for giving a quote were many hundreds more than this company and the highest priced one didn't even offer a written quote...he simply said "this was a flat rate job" (whatever that means). The next highest gave a written quote but with no parts and labor listed, just the amount.

Last edited by Hillcountry; 11-13-2020 at 06:08 PM.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote