View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 02:25 PM   #13
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
We used to get started right after Ice out and the season was reasonably long. This year, there were delays with the boat and the camp, so it seemed like we weren't "in the season" until August. Yes, hard to believe Labor Day is here. The saving grace is that the season ends with Columbus Day, not Labor Day.
In my case I keep my boat a Paugas Bay Marina in the valet program and that is open from Memorial day to Labor day and if you dont go there the first weekend because EVERY one is there and you wrap up before the last weekend to make sure its done, then throw in some bad weeks due to rain in June and excessive heat in July/August then you end up having a really short summer,,,

Clearly a first world problem!

In a perfect world our program would open up May 1st so you could get the boat cleaned up and checked out mechanically, and it would be open until Oct 31st, so you can do the same on the other end, then you would have actual use of the boat Memorial day to Labor day, well except for the too wet or too hot weeks,,,

In the end I guess we are fighting mother nature and you just cant win. Summer in New England is just short.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote