Thread: New GPS Watch
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 01:38 PM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts
Default New GPS Watch

Hi All,
I know there are a lot of outdoorsy people here, so I thought that I'd share that I recently picked up a Garmin Epix 2 watch and that it's pretty awesome.
I put it to the first (simple) test last week at Diana's Baths where I used the "track me" and "return to start" features. What this essentially does is track the route taken and then, on the way back, signal when off trail, etc.
Though I can download my own routes, the trails I used were already loaded in the device, which was neat.
I'll be using it to bag a 52WAV Saturday (Blueberry) and can report with any results people might be interested in.
I'll add, also, that the device's health reports have helped me consider my sleep patterns and training hours, etc. I especially like the "morning report" that gives me a sleep score, training battery reading, weather report, etc.
Finally, I can control my music from the watch or even download music to avoid using my phone altogether—this came in handy last weekend when we were in Tamworth without service for a few days.

Please add any info or tips you have or ask any questions!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: