Thread: The Dive!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #208
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Thankfully the lake is large enough that anybody who wishes to not see the Dive or be near it can simply go elsewhere. Plenty of room...many calm coves. Kind of like turning the channel on the TV if you don't like a show.

For lakefront owners who complain about it being so busy or people anchoring in front of their property - there is always the option to sell your Winni property and buy a place on Squam or Winnisquam that may better suit your speed.

Not being disrespectful - just pointing out what I see as viable options for those who don't like the Dive or how busy the lake is nowadays.

It's a busy lake - we are all lucky to be here and able to enjoy it.

Sort of--

Good points on it being a big/busy lake and all of us being lucky. But the flip side is that all of us should be mindful of not too having too much impact on others, just in terms of manners. This Dive skeptic is not so much concerned about one Dive as about the potential for a dozen more. And that would make the lake feel smaller and the chances of finding that smaller cove more remote.

Also, I have not looked recently, but at any given time there are typically no more than a handful of properties available on all of Squam, and their prices are stratospheric, and I'm not sure many of us would think of Winnisquam as a rough equivalent to Winnipesaukee. So these are not realistic alternatives.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: