View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 08:34 AM   #15
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Subway may be convenient but sorry, the few times I have been (due to being in unfamiliar areas such as when working out of town) I have always thought that the sub that you “get” is never the same as what they portray on their TV ads.

Cold cuts ore okay but hot subs are always “pre-cooked” somehow and the meat is not good, in my opinion. Meatballs are pretty much okay and the same as everywhere else. Everything is weighed and the subs aren’t “stuffed” with the good stuff as you might get at a real sub shop. Again your mileage may vary and your tastes and expectations may be lesser than mine.
Most every chain is the same: they move in to an area providing a great, often new, product and then, after a period of time, change the recipe. I remember when D'Angelo's came into Nashua some years ago. Their sausage and meatball sub was AWESOME, but it didn't take long for them to go downhill. Quiznos the same. Neither of those exist in the area anymore.

Marc's Subs in Merrimack, though--the son of the founder of Benedetti's in Haverhill--is doing marvelous business. There's no chain bureaucracy/shareholder junk, whatever, to interfere with good business.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote