View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #47
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Like DickR I am the same neighborhood. And I know a bit of what is going on.... While yes there was a neighbor issue, that I believe is mostly settled down.

The issues now that are being fought in court, or legal based on the structure. I don't think its is fair to comment much on what is going on, unless we have access to the permits... What little I do know, is I think there was some misleading information presented, in regards to the replacement structure. The biggest problem I have with what is going on, is that the boat house / apartment structure, is being done, so that a seasonal property become usable year around. So, has the septic been updated etc.

At the end of the day, this wasn't a like for like replacement... If the owners had all the proper docuemtations and approvals, then the project wouldn't have been stopped. Somewhere along the way, some information was misleading, and it has lead to this.....

The biggest thing, is why hasn't there been a successful mediation effort... likely because the home owners are not willing to compromise....

Time will tell where this one ends....