Some of the positive things you pay for with your Laconia taxes are
#1 FULL TIME FIRE DEPARTMENT
#2 FULLY STAFFED POLICE DEPARTMENT
#3 LAKES REGION GENERAL HOSPITAL RIGHT IN TOWN
#4 LACONIA WATER AND SEWER SERVICE
#5 FULL TIME STAFF AT LACONIA CITY HALL
#6 WEEKLY TRASH PICK UP WITH RECYCLING-NO NEED TO GO TO THE DUMP
#7 GREAT CITY WIDE SNOW PLOWING
With all due respect and acknowledging that everyone is entitled to their own opinion: I own properties in both Gilford and Laconia and I am much more satisfied with Gilford and the employees of the town of Gilford when comparing it to Laconia.

1. I really don't care whether the fire department is full time or part time. I was a call firefighter for 25 years in a town that did 1,200 runs per year and the difference is that we were there to do the job, not because there was a job. A totally different attitude.

2. The police department is made up of individuals and their dedication is predicated upon the management and the personnel. That can change over time.

3. There are mixed reviews about LRGH and many parts of Gilford and Belmont have better, faster access than If someone was actually in Laconia.

4. I have lake water and town sewer in Gilford and it is much less expensive than my Laconia bills. If Gilford offered town water I wouldn't take it because of the additional cost. I would put in a well if I didn't have access to the lake.

5. Gilford town hall has a full time staff and they are the best I have ever dealt with. The Laconia City Hall is staffed with people, many of whom who think they are doing you a favor to be there. The Gilford Town Hall is staffed with people who are pleased to help in any way they can. A huge difference in attitude and effort there.

6. The minimal amount I pay for trash pickup is more than offset by the substantial savings in real estate taxes.

7. .................I hear the snow plowing is good but I am pleased to be elsewhere when it snows!

Again, everyone has their own experiences and opinions and they may be different.

Last edited by TiltonBB; 05-04-2016 at 09:49 AM.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: