View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #44
ghfromaltonbay

Default George Washington Bridge is a nightmare

Oregonrain, When you head home you should take the Tappan Zee Bridge and not the GW. You took the worst route possible to get to New England going thru New York City. Search on this forum for the threads discussing the best possible routes in and out of New England. I live 12 miles from the GW Bridge and I avoid it at all costs!

Here are the directions from Northern New Jersey to the lake that I previously posted for someone heading to NH from PA. You can just reverse them to head back. If you plan to get Route 80 to head back west, you can get directly from the Garden State Parkway to Route 80 West at Parkway Exit 59:

This is the route I take: The Garden State Parkway to NY Thruway. Tappan Zee to 287 East. Take Exit 9N and get on the Merritt Parkway. Take the Merritt (15) to 91N in Meriden, CT. This brings you to 84E in East Hartford. 84 to Mass Pike to Exit 11a for 495 North. I take 3 North in Chelmsford to the Everett Turnpike. The Everett merges with 93 in Hooksett. Take 93 to Exit 20 in Tilton. Take 3 North into Laconia and follow 3 to Paugus Bay.

Last edited by ghfromaltonbay; 07-01-2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added directions
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ghfromaltonbay For This Useful Post: