View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #197
Turtle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post

This topic has gone horribly astray from the original post. Let's at least try to stay on topic with this. I was up this weekend and opted not to video. Not because there were any crazy incidents that I am trying to hide. Quite the contrary. It was so windy all weekend that I do not believe it would be fair to post videos of Saturday and Sunday because traffic was so light. If I posted videos that I took this weekend it would have shown very few boats and what few were out would have been seen obeying the laws just about 99% of the time. I saw little if any infractions. It was a holiday weekend but as I said the wind kept many captains on shore.

I saw a number of people go on the wrong side of the marker in the channel. I've never seen anyone hit a rock over there. The more I look at the channel the more I see the best solution being the removal of the few rocks in the channel and subsequently removing the marker. It'll probably never happen though.
You've got to be kidding! Now I've heard everything. While we're at it, let's remove those irritating Twin Islands in Moultonboro Bay. Maybe SBONH could get Jim Forsythe to sponsor it come November if elected. Also, while we're on the topic, that 90 degree ledge on the north side of Diamond Island...how much work would it be to blast it down to 45 degrees at the water line so any boat hitting it at high speed would be directed up and out rather than having an abrupt stop. That little cabin behind the ledge looks like a piece of junk...let's move it back and to the side. The whole project seems as easy or easier than your BP proposal.

Stay tuned next week when we discuss eliminating Devons Island at the Hole in the Wall...talk about another nuisance...and has anyone ever seen people in that one lone cottage there? It's for sure a single (selfish) family standing in the way of improved traffic flow on the lake.