View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 10:16 AM   #93
Randy Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
First off they are not going to be shooting guns at 10pm....And they certainly are not going to have 300 there at once. 300 campers on the entire property yes, but not all at the range. Total drama Randy....And as far as the counselors smoking pot, who doesn't these days (well actually I don't so exclude me from that statement)? Was the camp even in session this past year? I doubt it. Lawrence and Nokomis were not.

Like Maxum above, I have been an islander for many years and live in close proximity to 2 camps. I can see the Camp Lawrence dock from my front door. For years I was on Mark, across from their beach. I could hear their rifle range daily, and honestly hardly ever even thought about it. Hearing that they are converting to air rifles makes it even less of a nuisance. I can guarantee that although Lawrence probably has a larger census, there was never 300 kids at the range. The campers are broken up into groups and circulating through different activities all day long.

Not sure what you hope to gain by pleading your case here. Nobody has any say or control over this. I see 3 options available to you:

1.Lawyer up, spend the money and fight them if you believe that you have been wronged.
2. Find a way to coexist and stop the drama.
3. Sell and move on.
the examples you offer are grandfathered. i respect all that was as it was. this new proposal moves the range 600 feet from many homes where is was not. the camp own hundreds of acres and they have many options to avoid this nuisance/burden on these homes. facts are we are lawyered up. we have a superior court judge that agrees and she issues orders and the camp ignores the orders and the court.

while you offer some reasonable assumptions please answer this. is the firing range you hear 600 feet from you? and if it is not how would you feel if the camps you are surrounded by identified the own firing range as a "nuisance" to them and that they are moving it tens of thousands of feet from their sleeping quarters and their programing area to 600 feet from you?

i only ask you fully understand while you comment. please and thank you

and remember this: now i beg you to understand my less then perfect domainer. while doing so please ask yourself the following: when was the last time you let one hundred thousand dollars of your children's money slip through you hands on another selfish quest? or as we call it sethfish quest