Thread: boat accident
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #28
ApS

Thumbs down Fake News Arrives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
In one sense "I totally get it"
(1) ..... he opened by saying he knew the boat driver ! Thus, a tighter connection to this incident (that thankfully turned out okay in the end). So in a sense he is emotionally attached to this thread.
(2) We all know that APS just loves to "push buttons"
Was his last sentence in his post needed --- probably not --- and I would venture that upon reflection, Patiently Watching would agree also ... it was his typing in the "heat of the moment" ............... thus I get it
I cannot begin to tell you how many responses I have typed, left to sit for 5 minutes, reread, and ultimately simply deleted and made no response. Patiently Waiting is only guilty of not giving it the 5 minutes
Who would want to be "the friend" of a named boater in a serious boating accident?

No denial of a poorly-trimmed outboard's effect on handling?

But there is some "Non-Fake News" among the "Fake News".

Non-Fake News: Yesterday, I did get a Louis Pizza to celebrate the purchase of my newest boat. It was a day-long, lunch-deprived, transport-plagued drive—and breakfast was at 6-AM.

I don't belong to Fake Book, as it is privacy-invasive—'was astonished to be asked to join—with ample proof that FB is following me around, even though I'm not a member!

Fake News: Couch? The pizza was summarily demolished at the pizza shop.

Non-Fake News: It is the same home built by my Dad.

Fake News: Hand-me-down? A neighbor advised me of the sign out front, so I bought it on the open market from a bankruptcy court in Maine. Wolfeboro Realtor Steve Patrequin can fill in the details. Wolfeboro Realtor Ron(?) Paradise once told me, "This remains the best purchase of Winnipesaukee lakefront property in 25 years".

Non-Fake News: "the authority on all things". True: Astrophysics is beyond my ken.

Fake News: "Crap-strewn yard". Closing-up begins with arrival of family members before this weekend. (Like today, rain-dependent). This season, they're in charge of closing up.

Non-Fake News: "alone". True—but since April, I don't think I've had a week without friends or company.

Notice PW's own complaint was bracketed with his multi-complaints?

Today, a friend referred to the Thomas Point / Marriott Community area as "Winnipesaukee's 'Bermuda-Triangle'".

True enough: I wrote here about being caught between two cruiser wakes off that Marriott Community, only to be ejected off my catamaran. Not far away, a 15-y-o was a fatal Jet-Ski victim. A sailboat sank in the same area last month.

Thomas Point's bottleneck has some very nasty wakes: Johnson's Cove's rafters empty out in late afternoons, creating a Meredith-Bay-NWZ-style "agitation-cycle" right at the bottleneck. This is the same location where long seawalls can return these sea-going wake "insults" to unsuspecting (and small) Boston Whalers.

Now, IF I truly liked to "push buttons", wouldn't I have asked who was at the helm of the Boston Whaler involved?