View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 04:03 AM   #22
ApS

Arrow Camp Ossipee's Stake for SANE Speeds...

It's true that this propeller isn't a "cleaver" prop, (nor is the propeller safety-equipment advertiser's), but back to this intimidating "chopper-upper" in a bit).

The answer to jmen24's question (an apparent "Thank-You" non-sequitur) appeared earlier!

No life jackets here, but one on a passenger? That's like buckling-up every child in a car, but no seatbelt for the driver with which to maintain control over the steering wheel!

A reply to Airwave's assertion that boats oversized for Winnipesaukee don't make big wakes, I offer this photo—where there is more than one GFBL!

You may recall that the owner of this boat—off my dock—asserted his GFBL was traveling at "50-MPH". (!)

That Jet-Ski pictured racing him? —never caught him.

BTW: Note that the windshield is painted over—everyone must stand to peer ahead—and that lanyard-use is not determined.

To the question, why [is ApS] "all hung-up on speedboats running up onto land?", I just realized that photos I took of these boats are taken in front of Camp Ossipee!

Camp Ossipee is an active, private, lakefront, seasonal "family camp", with ownership shared with about 75 boating families.

1) Camp Ossipee was established 150 years ago, and are not "visitors to the lake". Camp Ossipee trailers NO boats to Lake Winnipesaukee.

2) The camp has 45 tent platforms—none of which is higher than two feet above the ground. Each tent (canvas) encloses about 400 square feet—one for each family. They are all within 50-feet of the lake, and even closer than that to one another.

3) This community's entire tent-platform elevation is no higher than two feet!

4) The "assault record" for feral boats running into the shoreline is 500-feet deep! There are plenty of Winnipesaukee residences within 50' of the lake—and some are brand-new! One off Wolfeboro Bay is within 20-feet and another—near Pick Point Cottages in Wolfeboro—has a ZERO distance from the lake!

5) The last photo attached is an example of a fairly active Camp Ossipee boating activity. (The Camp Ossipee property is just off the swimmer's right shoulder). The photo was taken in about the same location as that "50-MPH" boat that's not leaving any wake.

6) That tiny "dot" of a swimmer, though accompanied by a rowboat , is often accompanied by a kayak. (Yes, "the kayaks that we can't see").
Attached Images