View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #75
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Living 30 miles away, you've probably never had a boat awaken you in the middle of the night. But then we'll hear, "We get awakened by loud motorcycles"!

We get awakened by both loud motorcycles and loud boats.

You probably can't conceive that a boat anchor can strike your house at night; or, should your house be located within 120-feet of a lake's shoreline, be struck by the boat itself.

(Consider also, that the boat may have nobody in it!)

On the eve of a Labor Day Weekend—a weekend when editors will be printing the headlines—there was the expected increase in the number of boats on the lake.

Towards evening, it was reassuring to see that many were traveling at speeds much slower than the required 25-MPH.

Many appear to be discovering the safer and relaxed boating Winnipesaukee experience that decades of residents had enjoyed before excessive speeds became an issue.
I can conceive that a motorcycle or a car/truck/any vehicle could hit my house at any time. That was the risk I took when I bought my house. Same with you, whether it be your house in Florida or your house in NH.

There are laws on the books regarding loud cars/trucks/motorcycles etc. Do they make the drivers go slower? Probably not.

Again, Lake Winnipesaukee is owned by me, you and all the other residents of NH. One owns no more than another. Isn't that beautiful?