View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #18
RTTOOL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxum View Post
not terribly surprising.

Hate to say it but the way far to many ride sleds these days i'm surprised there aren't more accidents. Many riders go way to fast. I have had more close calls out there on the trails than i care to speak to and for certain those close calls would have translated into accidents if i were riding the same way some of these fools do. Doesn't help many machines today have no trouble getting above and beyond the century mark mph wise and do so very quickly with a thumb twitch. That in the hands of either an inexperienced rider or somebody that simply has no concept of their own mortality and stuff like this is bound to happen. Two skis and ~150 inches of rubber track on snow and sometimes ice does not give you a vehicle capable of handling like a nascar but riders sure think they can and do. Very foolish and potentially deadly.

Far as those going through the ice, i wonder does it ever dawn on people that a frozen body of water, especially the size of winni would have significant ice thickness variations? Or do they just look out and see well there are trucks, planes, sleds and atvs over there so it must be good everywhere? Think this weekend illustrates that is an ignorant and sadly deadly assumption!

It's hard to have sympathy for stupidity, lack of judgement or any combination thereof.
you have to be a mean human to say that about human life
RTTOOL is offline   Reply With Quote