View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #11
baygo

Default My Expectations may have been a little too high

Four of us stopped by for lunch. There was a pretty good crowd which didn’t surprise me because there’s been a lot of anticipation for the opening of this brewery.

Two of us had the IPA and one of us had the blonde. I was one of the IPA drinkers, and thought it taste remarkably similar to Long Trail IPA. So for fans of Long Trail IPA... good news. Me on the other hand, I’ve been spoiled by Stone Face and Concord Brewing Safe space IPA. That being said, I’ve never met a beer I didn’t like, so I drank it.

The food side of operations fell a bit short of my expectations. We sat at a table with a view into the very small kitchen. I question whether a kitchen this size can handle the number of seats they intend to max out at. I could see on display that their sauces are simply bottled sauces and their strategy is to feature prepared foods (likely by SISCO). This should help ensure a level of consistency for them however, not a level of quality I am comfortable with to support their pricing for a counter service on paper plates experience.

We ordered three pizzas and one burger. The pictures below are of my wife’s pizza which was $9, and my burger which is $14.

All in all we all agreed that the experience was somewhat average. I wish them well.
Attached Images

baygo is offline   Reply With Quote