View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #79
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post

I grew up on the ocean, lived in a ocean town, grew up boating on the ocean, although never over night and in smaller boats. Then discovered Winni and love it but I understand the allure of the ocean and it does have so much more to offer for serious boating. My compromise would be Champlain. Very large, overnight boating at anchor, mountains, warmer water than the ocean for swimming and maybe close enough to do on weekends while working. I have not boated the Maine coast but think that would be awesome also. However, so far my favorite over night boating experiences have been catamaran sailing in the carribean, there are mountains, the weather is spectacular, the water is warm, awesome beach bars and secluded overnight anchorages, incredible snorkeling.

what do you have for a boat now on the ocean?
It's a Tollycraft 44 CPMY with twin CAT 3208TAs. We fully intend to take it to the Caribbean for the reasons you have stated. Our boat has already been there before for a 7 month stay with a previous owner who only sold it due to getting Parkinson's disease. We also intend to spend a Summer aboard it on Champlain in 2-3 years, and a summer aboard it in the 1000 Islands in 3-5 years. We've been planning this lifestyle for years and are psyched to have actually started. Winni started it all for us and it's just snowballed from there.

These folks have the same exact boat that we have and cruise many of the same places we've been or intend to go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq-f3Ns_Mrg&t=684s they have also been super helpful with advice and we keep in touch often.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote