View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 06:26 PM   #11
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Some of these phone calls claim to be representing the firefighters association or the police association fo your town. In many cases that association is part of or partnering with the union representing your public service employees.

In other words, when you donate you are helping to fund a union.
Tried to sneak in a little union bashing?

Well, I got a call from the Chiefs of Police Association of New Hampshire. I doubt if the chiefs are in any union.

I spoke with my local chief of police. He stated that his association gets 15% of all telephoned solicited funds. And his claim was that 15% is better then nothing. So the gullible seniors and all others who fall for this are providing 85% of the donation to a for profit private company.
Good deal, eh?

And not to bash seniors. But most younger people have a cell phone. Many seniors still have a land line or internet line with published telephone numbers.
Yes, computer generated robo calls can get a cell phone. But it is mostly land lines with published names in a phone book. The calls I get know my name which is published in a phone book. I have never received any of these calls on my cell phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post: