View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 11:37 AM   #32
LikeLakes

You are right XCR, if there was an alternative place for paddle boards and kayaks to launch it would be better for all.

We have launched them on a variety of lakes and ponds in NH, on Champlain, on Lake Placid, among others. Most of the time it is at a public boat launch because there is parking and it is allowed. Ironically, most places with public swimming access will not allow you to launch, they tell you it's for swimmers only and you need to go to a boat launch.

We are competent boarders and very low impact at a launch. I realize not everyone fits those categories. We put the boards on the side somewhere so it doesn't prevent anyone from launching a boat, we get on them and are gone, literally doesn't affect the boat ramp in any way beyond the 90 seconds it takes me to take them out of the truck bed and put them on the ground.

I'm guessing every person on this thread can boat their entire lifetime without hitting, or even endangering, a paddle board or kayak. Unfortunately stuff happens, as did to the person who was hit. But, I'm not sure an incident requires a need to put rules in place. I'd rather see some thoughtful people take a look at the incident and the situation and decide if action is needed or if it's just a case of stuff happening. You can add 20 pages of rules to boating and swimming and paddling on the lake and somehow stuff will still happen occasionally.
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LikeLakes For This Useful Post: