Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 10:59 AM   #114
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
How does it work that you can try to schedule the second appointment? It isn't possible before your appointment. How long after your appointment can you try? Did you have to do anything to enable it? With 300,000 people trying and a current rate of 15,000/week, it is going be chaos for a while. Hopefully the doses (and appointments) available will quickly ramp up.
We had ours yesterday. By the time I got home, I had an email from VAMS telling me I was vaccinated and I could make an appointment after 4 weeks. I went on VAMS this am and the earliest appointment I could get anywhere is in Plymouth, not my original location. This is for 7 weeks from vaccination. I called 211 and eventually got Connor who said the guidance from the CDC said the 2nd vaccine could be no earlier than 4 weeks but there was no specific guideline for later than 4 weeks. Strictly speaking this is true. As a physician I knew this because the studies were done at 4 weeks and anything else is a guess. Perhaps an educated guess...but 4 weeks would have been better. In addition while the plus one for my wife worked as it should have, there was a fair amount of confusion. Nonetheless, the National Guard was great and the entire experience well done. And the 211 operators were very helpful

Sorry for the long answer but maybe it will help. So if you get your shot, make your 2nd appointment. Also, Connor confirmed that going to another NH site was perfectly OK for the second shot.

If anyone’s experience was different, let us know. Smith Point’s seems to have been similar.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post: