View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 05:59 AM   #72
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
I guess it was more my idea for year round retirement. I don't see myself ever being a snowbird, I enjoy the seasons too much.
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure I want to be a snowbird, either, but I'm also not sure I want to be in a remote cabin in the woods full-time. My wife and I looked at land, almost buying a parcel just a few miles from Lost River, but then we got to thinking about what it would take to keep the kids entertained, etc.

Being near the lake changes so much—places to walk, ice skate, snowmobile, shop, etc. that I think I'd much rather be in that type of area for retirement.

I'm thinking/hoping as we grow older we'll end up doing something like above—a "regular" home in the Lakes Region or north (I love winter hiking) and Arcadia or selling Arcadia and finding a small association of houses that has close enough lake access to walk there easily. If so, maybe we'd only spend a few weeks in warmer weather.

Looking at my teacher retirement schedule, it looks like I've got 16 years to make a decision, so plenty of time to enjoy the ride first!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote