View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 03:30 PM   #23
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I understand that type of reluctance. Two thoughts. 1. Real estate management firms usually have staff or access to the trades that you might not have as owner of just one property. The tenant calls the management company and it is their job to keep customers happy if they want repeat business. You don't have to do anything except cash the checks and pay the bills.
Second, rent long term e.g. full season or annual. Over six months gets you past the Room & Meals tax hassle. A long term tenant won't be bothered by a day or so of problems the way a week by week tenant would be.

Be creative. Our next door neighbor sold with an agreement that she would stay for five years and the new owners could use the place for two weeks every summer until they fully retired at the end of the five years. She took a little less $$ but had five years with no expenses, as a rent free tenant.

Wow! That amazes me! Who would want to buy an new property and have the old owner use it for 5 years except for two weeks???? And they paid all the expenses? She got a great deal if I understand it right.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote