View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:48 PM   #3
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimi View Post
Has anyone ever used an auction format to sell their property on the lake? We have an island house on Cow Island that we are considering selling because my kids live out of state and have no interest in taking over the place. We are older now and have more difficulty with the upkeep, so we think it's time to consider selling.

I know we can list with a real estate agent, but I want to explore the auction format as a comparison to listing. Of course we want to get the most money we can for the property no matter which way we decide to go.
Certainly, there are creative ways to sell real estate. Some advertise on TV - sell by owner - for a smaller real estate fee - the property gets on MLS.

I have sold two homes by myself. But I did have a real estate agent. I put in contract that I can sell by myself and if I do - no commission. I sold both by myself. Note that real estate agents don't particularly like this option.

But as for any auction site. Have no idea. And probably not a good idea. As an analogy - or comparison - e/bay lets one auction with a reserve price. Have no idea if there are real estate sites similarly out there. What happens if the auction buyer backs out?

Craigslist. One can list there.

Place a line ad in the Sunday New York Times. I would get an inexpensive Tracfone (or any budget prepaid cell phone) with a different telephone number. So that your personal cell number is not sent all over the world.

But the bottom line is probably a normal real estate agent.

But if others know of alternative methods please post.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheProfessor For This Useful Post: