View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #12
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
Yes, I got that joke after I posted, I'm not known for being "quick". So when you said that less boats = less polution, noise etc. you were talking about certain kinds of boats. Small boats are OK with you. Tell me how many "small" boats would it take to make up a "big" boat for example do 5 "small" boats = 1 "big" boat and so on?? So are you saying it's fine to have as many "small" boats on the lake as can fit but no "big" boats? I'm confused...and if you can imagine I'm not even an original blonde (sorry in advance to all true blondes).
I would say forget small and big. Horsepower is the simplest way to look at the problem. Unrestricted horsepower on a crowded lake and community water supply makes no sense to me.

When the time comes that a lake needs to have restrictions because of crowding or pollution, the obvious answer is to start with the biggest boats. In my opinion we are at that point now.

The handwriting is on the wall. Everything is going toward more environmentally friendly. Nothing is moving in the other direction. The future of boating on all lakes will be low power, low impact and low pollution. The days of big cruisers and performance boats on lakes are numbered. The only question is how long will it take.