View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #32
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper View Post
I agree with your point that people who want to take risks are entitled to do so if they aren't endangering others. I don't subsbcribe to the 'monkey see, monkey do' explanation for the F&G officer.

What I would like to point out is that had there been an accident, the First-Responders would have been at risk for a thin-ice rescue or under the ice recovery.

It does look like a blast though. Maybe someday there will be opportunities for this to be done like any other sport.
I get that and I appreciate that. My point previously was that rescue for legal or illegal actions is the job of first-responders. I have nothing against them and appreciate what they do, but that's their job. I would not recommend signing up for a job that one is not willing to complete.

FWIW - I believe certain first-responders in our area are actually trained (potentially annually) in the area of ice rescue.

Bringing this topic full circle, I just don't understand why people can't appreciate something cool anymore. Everyone has to be a critic. This was an awesome stunt that occurred WITHOUT issue. As I stated previously, this is hardly going to turn into a trend, and even if it does, then F&G should be monitoring areas where it's taking place and either stop i from happening or cite them at the time of occurrence.