View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 02:25 PM   #19
Newbiesaukee

Default After 12 years up here....

we went to Shibleys for the first time. Wow...the weather was perfect..no one on the roads during our long trek from Long Island. Even Wolfeboro was empty, relatively speaking.

Shibleys was great. Place was clean,no bugs on the screens, the sconces were sparkling and the little curtains on the top of the windows weren't even dusty ( and everyone agrees this is the mark of a fine restaurant.) The carpet was a little drab but I agree with Siksukr on this one. Rarely eat off the floor even within the 5 second rule. Even in my own kitchen...although there was the time with the pork belly. But I digress.

There was only one toilet each in the Men's and Ladies rooms. And a WOMAN came out of the MENS room before me. I am well trained so I put the seat down when finished, just in case. But I digress, again.

Anyway, the lunch choices were vast, the waiter was pleasant and the beer was cold. What more could one ask?

The prices were not low but the value in quality and quantity was high.

All in all, a great experience and we will return if I can ever get through Wolfeboro in the summer.

Oh,and the food was delicious.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post: