Thread: Marina Battery
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 11:45 AM   #26
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
This boat is a 2018 and I think its all part of a "better" high-tech design,,,

The truly disappointing part of the whole situation is that the boat has and factory installed ProSport super fancy battery charger that I can never make use of because the boat is in a rack valet program. Guess you take the good (high and dry and out of the sun all the time) with the bad (no access to power)

Still no complaints, best boat I have ever owned (Formula 270 BR) and best choice (to rack valet store it) I have ever made about caring for a boat.

Super happy to be at PBM! So if the worst down side to it is a $139.00 battery after 3 years, I'm happy ;-)
The key is that your are happy.... Have seen more then one boat with the super fancy battery Chargers... How many of them get use is another question all together... the good news is that it is there.... Just like the switch.... I grew up never having a switch or a onboard charger.... spent many countless mornings pulling an extension cord, and the battery charger to the boat, because something had been left on draining the battery... Even with a single battery I love having a switch, and need to get one installed on my pontoon... turn it off and you simply don't have to worry about a drain... with the pontoon I will not even have to worry about making sure the bilge pump bypasses the switch...