View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #116
ChocolateGypsy

Bike week was never a "family" event. And like I said, it's only one week that people who find it annoying have to put up with it. (Not like the traffic in Meredith *all* summer long!) I had always thought of it as sort of "Spring Break for Antichrists." Until I went a few times recently and found myself thinking: "Man, this is lame... the only thing to do is walk around and shop. Where's the party?? I'm not gettin' any younger y'know?"

Unfortunately, like what's happened to Spring Break in Fort Lauderdale, I believe trying to tame the event has driven the crowds elsewhere. It used to be a week where wild, crazy, sh*t happened -- folks went home and told their friends about it: "We were THERE! We SURVIVED!" And everyone wants to go next year!!!

Come to think of it, if the bike gangs want to beat the cr*p out of each other it would be good publicity (we got a lot of mileage off the 60s riots! ) Maybe they could tear down that building for us...? We could set up a beer tent... blast ZZ Top from the Drive-In... and the building would be gone by morning!!

(you know I'm joking, right?)

Just droppin' in for a bite.
ChocolateGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote