View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #156
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
In hind site plenty of places have sold in our price range but we were locked into other offers at the time. Like the shack on happy homes was a good deal in my opinion.
As I stated earlier, I don’t think this was a good deal. They both sold very quickly because they were nice lots lots in a good location.
However, now they need to find someone to clear the shacks off the property and get everything so they can start at square one. And everyone in construction is so busy I can’t imagine that this will be the easiest thing to do. And then you have to build a house, and how far out are the builders, at least another year before they can even get started.[/QUOTE]

One had something you could at least use (while you build maybe), albeit a mess. It had septic. Maybe a well or lake water setup. And was the cheaper of the two. I prefer not get into building a house right now. Done it before. It was fun once but I don’t care to do it again. But I would if that is what’s needed. A nice house on either lot would hold every penny you put into it. With COVID and short building supplies, building house now could be very long and expensive.

I saw we would have bought those, but when it comes to signing in the dotted line we very well may not have. If someone is up for building, I still think they are a good deal. Neighboring houses on similar lots are like $1.8 million.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote