Thread: House lift
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #28
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
...hey Phantom.....I have a electric cement mixer-wheel barrow, capable of holding one 80-lb bag of concrete mix at a time just sitting out in the shed anxiously awaiting its' next project. Plus, I have some experience crawling around in crawl spaces.

And, as a totally unemployed trash truck driver with NH cdl, air brakes, haz-mat & tanker endorsement doing crawl space work would be right in my demographic.

Plus, after I do a super-duper job, you can report the good news back here on this forum!

Plus, I live nearby on Meredith Neck!

As you know, concrete requires warm weather, probably the month of April or so, for it to set up correct. Sometime between now & then I could drive over in my pickup along with my cement mixer, and we could chit-chat about what you is look'n for.

best, fll
Less, I know you are looking for work, but you should really be aware of what you would be signing yourself up for.

It takes (45) 80lb bags of cement to make one cubic yard. A small house footprint of 25x30 with a slab of 3" would require 6.94CY of concrete. That would be (313) bags. At the cost posted above it would cost $791.00 for delivered concrete, Labored cost above would be less than $1652.00. The bags alone cost $3.46/bag for a total of $1082.00 that leaves you about $500.00 in labor to make the deal worth while.

At $500.00 you would not even cover the cost of your Waterville season pass and you would have to move 25,000lbs of bagged redi-mix at least twice.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote