View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
RLW

Smile Registering vehicles

I went to the Alton Town Hall today to register 2 vehicles and almost had to have the EMT's come and help me off the floor. The town portion ONLY for a 08 pickup truck and a 09 Malibu Chev was, now hold onto your hats, $547.00. Back in MA the truck with a veterans plate costs me $85 for 2 years. I went and checked on insurance at 3 locations and the lowest was only $77 less than MA. I know in the following years it will be less money as this being the first time I have to pay for ANOTHER title as my MA one isn't good enough for the politicians as they need that fee $'s to keep the state going.
Please do take this as a complaint but just general conversation as to how fees are made up. I hate tomorrow when I have to go to Concord and pay the state portion of the bill as I'm getting another (2) veteran plates. I'm betting the total bill will be close to $900. Any bets??? Oh ya, I forgot we need to get 2 new licenses which we just got 2 months ago in MA. I think licenses should be universal for all states.