View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #85
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I don't "fear" the renters when I'm boating. I'm a licensed captain and am experienced enough to know how to avoid them and their wakes of destruction. However, I do "fear" them and "fear" for the safety of my family when these inexperienced operators of rental boats come dangerously close (way less than 150') to people swimming.

You WINNFABS guys kill me....when you "fear" fast boats, you lobby for speed limits and have ulterior motives to scrub the lake of performance boats so you can use the lake as you best see fit. But when the shoe is on the other foot and someone else has a legitimate concern about a real problem, your knee-jerk reaction is to tell them to "give up boating". Too bad WINFABS didn't follow this advice.
“I don't "fear" the renters when I'm boating.”

That’s good to hear, you shouldn’t fear anyone on the Lake.

“I'm a licensed captain and am experienced enough to know how to avoid them and their wakes of destruction.”

How many people were destructed due to the wakes of boat renters? Just curious that’s all.

“However, I do "fear" them and "fear" for the safety of my family when these inexperienced operators of rental boats come dangerously close (way less than 150') to people swimming.”

Now you fear them??? You said you were “am experienced” captain and know how to avoid them. So why do you fear them then??

“You WINNFABS guys kill me....when you "fear" fast boats,”

I can only speak for myself and I do not “fear” fast boats.

“you lobby for speed limits and have ulterior motives to scrub the lake of performance boats so you can use the lake as you best see fit. But when the shoe is on the other foot and someone else has a legitimate concern about a real problem, your knee-jerk reaction is to tell them to "give up boating". Too bad WINFABS didn't follow this advice”

Living in “fear” while boating on the Lake is a "legitimate" concern and a “real problem for “YOU” and not for me or any other boater that I know of. You need to give you “Captains” license up if you can’t control your emotions while boating…….that is a "legitimate" concern for me.