View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #61
fatlazyless

Today's Sept 2, 2011 Laconia Citizen has a terrific report written by Bea Lewis, google "N H Supreme Court to hear Blizzard boating license revocation appeal." It's a very complicated and detailed article and most all of the legal stuff goes way over my head. If you don't have an IQ of at least 140 then do yourself a favor and don't bother trying to read and comprehend it. I know I sure couldn't figure most all of what they's talking about?

All I can say is that James Moir(pronounced Moy-er) sounds like one heck of a very very smart attorney!

And, considering that the fatal collision between the Formula boat and the Diamond Island granite outcropping took place on June 15, 2008, at aprox 2-am, on a foggy & rainy night, and that the 45-30-mph boat speed limit is still very much the law here on Lake Winnipesaukee, it seems like the dynamics that powered up the general interest in this legal case have changed? Whatcha think?

Like now that the speed limits issue, 45-30 mph on Winnipesaukee, has come and gone, does anybody really even care all that much whether the defendant can drive a boat or not?

It is a very safe bet that any decision handed down by the five NH Supreme Court justices will, unlike public speed limits perception, be totally based on interpreting the NH rules and laws as deep legal thoughts which, well-well-well, can get very deep, and go beyond the understanding of Joe NH Citizen..... or something!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-03-2011 at 07:20 AM.