View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 08:07 AM   #7
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default References and Resources

This is finally done! All links and text have been interspersed throughout. I couldn't finish "References & Resources" above because the thread response section was "full". If you try to put too much 'stuff' in one response thread you get the following message "The text that you have entered is too long (10211 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long." So....any individual response thread may contain only 10,000 characters for anyone wondering why a certain thread is broken up into smaller sections. So after adding the text and links I wanted, to finish this thread off, I ran out of space. Here is the finale!

REFERENCES & RESOURCES
"Popular Resorts and How to Reach Them" - John B. Batchelder - 1875 - Boston - pp. 41-44.
"Lake Winnipesaukee" - Issued by the General Passenger Department - Boston and Maine Railroad - Boston, MA - No date or copyright.
"New Hotel Weirs" - A promotional brochure from about the turn of the century - No date or copyright
"New Hampshire Weirs Souvenir" - A promotional brochure - Published and copyrighted by George W. Armstrong - Boston, MA -1897.
"New England Lakes" - A promotional brochure - Engraved and printed by R.A. Supply company - Boston, MA - No date or copyright
"New Hampshire's First Tourists in the Lakes and Mountains" - Written and edited by Charles Stuart Lane - Meredith, NH - June 1992
"The Weirs Recreation Center and the Lakes Region" - Apromotional brochure and map produced by the Weirs Chamber of Commerce - circa. 1948
"The Weirs" - Warren D. Huse - Arcadia Publishing - Dover, NH - Copyright 1996. This book was utilized to check dates and facts for accuracy.

Last edited by mcdude; 05-09-2005 at 06:01 AM.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote